Suicide Prevention Resources
Students who Considered Attempting Suicide
Students Who Made a Suicide Plan
Students Who Attempted Suicide
The thoughts of, plans to, and attempts in committing suicide is a major problem in Benton County and Prosser Washington. More information about suicide for Benton County can be found the Healthy Youth Survey Fact Sheet. You can also look up more information about the Healthy Youth Survey.
The National suicide Prevention Lifeline describes the following as warning signs for suicide:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
Get Help Now
If you are in a state of distress, reaching out is the first step to safety. Click on the links below to be taken to dedicated crisis services.
Crisis Response Unit
Crisis Text Line
Counseling Centers and Resources in Prosser Washington
Integrity Support Services LLC
242 Division Street
Grandview, WA. 98930
1319 Saul Road
Sunnyside, WA. 98944